Here is everything that you need to know about the NASCAR Sprint Cup television package.
- Fox has the first 13 points races of the season, starting with the Daytona 500 through the middle of June (per the 06 schedule the last Fox race would be Pocono)
- TNT then will broadcast the next six races (14 - 19) which runs through the rest of June and all of July including the Pepsi 400 from Daytona
- ABC/ESPN take over beginning with the Brickyard 400 in early August and will cover the remainder of the season
- All of the final ten Chase for the Cup races will be on ABC
The rest of the NASCAR television package looks like this:
- Fox will have the Budweiser Shootout and Daytona Pole Qualifying
- SPEED will cover the qualifying races in Daytona known as the "Gatorade Duels"
- The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series All-Star Challenge will be on SPEED
- ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 will televise the entire Busch Series
- SPEED will show the entire Craftsman Truck series with the exception of two races which will be on Fox
- Qualifying, practice and happy hour will be on SPEED, ESPN or ESPN2
- ESPN will be launching new NASCAR news and information programming
- After 2006 NBC is no longer covering NASCAR