The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will all close this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway and all three series have solid point leaders with clear goals for the weekend.
Camping World Truck Series - James Buescher
On Friday night James Buescher takes his eleven point lead over Timothy Peters into the Camping World Truck Series finale. This is the closest points battle of the three series and Buescher will have to be on his game in order to guarantee himself the title.
- Jame Buescher needs to finish seventh or better in order to guarantee himself the Championship regardless of what Timothy Peters does.
- If Bueshcer leads one lap then he needs to finish eighth or better.
- If he leads the most laps then he needs to finish ninth or better.
Nationwide Series - Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
On Saturday Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will attempt to close out his Championship bid as he leads Elliott Sadler by twenty points coming into Homestead.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. gets the nod in the tiebreaker so he only needs to finish sixteenth or better in order to clinch the Championship.
- If he leads one lap that number slips to seventeenth or better.
- If he leads the most laps he needs to finish eighteenth or better.
Sprint Cup Series - Brad Keselowski
- Jimmie Johnson has more wins in 2012 so Brad Keselowski needs to beat him outright in points in order to clinch so he needs to finish fifteenth or better in Homestead in order to guarantee himself the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship.
- If Keselowski leads one lap then that number drops to sixteenth or better.
- If Keselowski leads the most laps during the race then he needs to finish seventeenth or better.
It is going to be a great weekend of racing in Homestead as NASCAR crowns its 2012 Champions.