The Bottom Line
- Puts you in control of your television
- More easily skip over the commercials and boring parts
- On-screen program guide makes recording simple
- More expensive than a regular VCR
- Forget to record the race? MyReplayTV.com lets you go online and tell your ReplayTV to record it.
- QuickSkip your way forward in 30 second increments. I use this button a LOT.
- InstantReplay is a button that backs you up 7 seconds. Useful when trying to undestand Ward Burton.
- I have a "NASCAR" channel so there's always something recorded that I want to watch.
Guide Review - ReplayTV
Let's say you are watching a race live on television when your driver pulls out four wide on the back stretch and makes a heroic pass going into turn three. DW and Larry Mac are busy talking about aerodynamics and don't mention it and don't show a replay. With normal TV you are limited to the replays that the network wants to show you, with ReplayTV you can simply hit the "replay" button and watch that great pass over again as many times as you like.
Watching the race and somebody calls? No problem, just hit pause when the phone rings and pick up right where you left off never missing a second of action. ReplayTV lets you take control of live television so you can watch the race the way you want, when you want.
ReplayTV's other primary NASCAR fan-friendly feature is the theme-based programming. You can set up a "Replay Channel" based on a keyword. Enter in "NASCAR" and ReplayTV will automatically record every program about NASCAR for you to watch when you want to. Simply turn on the TV when you have time, and your NASCAR channel will be loaded with whatever NASCAR shows were on.
Similar to TiVo but lightyears ahead in user friendly features ReplayTV is a "must have" for race fans.