1. Sports

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

NASCAR Off-Season is Officially Over

By February 14, 2013

NASCAR fans have had a long wait since the 2012 season wrapped up back in November with Brad Keselowski's Championship in Homestead.  The long off-season is finally over.   NASCAR racing is back.

Thursday is media day in Daytona. Then engines will fire for the first time on Friday when the cars take to the track for Sprint Unlimited practice live on SPEED.   Saturday will see the first competition of the year when the 2013 Sprint Unlimited will go green on Fox.  Finally Daytona 500 qualifying will roll off Sunday live on Fox.

It's a busy weekend for NASCAR's top drivers but a welcome sight for fans as we can finally stop speculating and get back to serious on-track action.

Comments

February 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm
(1) Luke says:

Hey Steve,

Why don’t you tell NASCAR.com their website really stinks…so bad I can’t even contact them through their Contact Me tab.

February 14, 2013 at 5:11 pm
(2) Jerry Shepherd says:

Steve I agree with Luke nascar,com website STINKS STINKS STINKS

February 15, 2013 at 11:29 am
(3) Roger Ashley says:

Hi and thanks for the newsletter, I enjoy it very much. I was wondering what team is Matt Kenseth driving for this year. He has been my wife and myselfs favorite driver for many years now. We can’t figure out whats going on with him and which team he’ll be with this year. We’d sure miss him if he retired this year. Thank you very much in advance for answering those questions. Rog

February 15, 2013 at 12:39 pm
(4) Bill Bartell says:

He’s driving the #20 for Gibbs:

February 16, 2013 at 9:18 pm
(5) micksween says:

these new cars r the the saddest looking grocery getters i have ever seen on a nascar track.no race appeal.they all look like camrys now.if u want stock looking cars you could have used camaro,mustang,challenger,etc.of course that would leave out toyota.u might as well put little cazoo mufflers on them too!i dont care if they all get wrecked.first u bring in toyota now this.i dont think i can watch anymore.i am disgusted with nascar!

February 16, 2013 at 10:47 pm
(6) ibhinton@me.com says:

the race sucked tonite i will watch tennis from now on more exciting than that crap

February 24, 2013 at 4:00 pm
(7) Mike Beasley says:

Boy this race STINKS!!!! I don’t think I have seen one car being passed this entire race!!! But I havn’t watched half of it . I keep flipping over to HGTV!! It’s more entertaning!!!