1. Sports

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Not Immune to Sponsor Shortage

By January 31, 2013

Car owner Rick Hendrick recently announced that Dale Earnhardt Jr. doesn't have enough sponsors signed to complete the 2013 season.   Pepsi Co. has backed off of the sixteen races that Diet Mountain Dew sponsored in 2012 leaving Junior thirteen races short of a fully sponsored season.

Could economic troubles derail NASCAR's most popular driver?

Comments

January 31, 2013 at 9:52 am
(1) Mickey says:

Maybe because he suc?s

January 31, 2013 at 12:44 pm
(2) Luke says:

Just proves his fans are dilusional and his sponsors are realistic!

January 31, 2013 at 1:49 pm
(3) Ham Radio says:

Sponsors want to back winners. Junior has proven that he can’t get it done no matter how much money gets thrown at him. Until he does, sponsorship money will dry up in a tight economy.

January 31, 2013 at 3:14 pm
(4) BabyGrand says:

I guess it just proves you can’t ride on the shirt tail of your father’s name forever.If they’re that smart maybe I’ll start drinking Mountain Dew again.

January 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(5) Ross says:

Many of us have said for a long time that Jr. was only popular because of his name. I guess he has enough money to retire, but I bet a sponsor will come along for the most popular driver in NASCAR, even if he doesn’t really deserve it.

January 31, 2013 at 5:38 pm
(6) DEW DRINKER says:

love em or hate em and he is a likeable guy,but we all know what the bottom line is and Jr. isn’t producing.

January 31, 2013 at 7:20 pm
(7) Carl says:

Green eyed monster is it boys? Why do you think Rick announced it,won’t be long.No Danica is “hole” other storey.So much for the tits theory.LMAO

January 31, 2013 at 7:33 pm
(8) brojak says:

Grow up boys, make realistic comments instead of being the professional critics ( cry babies ) that you are….

January 31, 2013 at 7:41 pm
(9) Dave says:

Sponsors have nothing to do with how good you are see Danica Patrick,the fact is Nascar is dying out, cookie cutter tracks and cookie cutter cars although there are still a few people around who believe they are watching Ford and Chevy’s and cry cheat every week their imagined brand doesn’t win they are the same people who still believe Pro wrestling is real!

January 31, 2013 at 10:19 pm
(10) the Robe says:

I’m not a Government Motors fan, but if there are no Fords up front, I root for Dale Jr. He is one of the cleanest racer out there and has a good attitude. He is like Carl, just bad breaks the last few years. I looked at a lot of the negative commits and realized he didn’t deserve the beating they were putting on him. I feel he is a better driver than Sr. was. He usually races about as clean as you can get. He Hendrick teammates could learn something from him.

January 31, 2013 at 11:09 pm
(11) Patrick says:

All of you saying that JR is not a good driver, wasnt he the most consistent driver on the track until the concussion last season? And how is it all of you can say he cant drive but your at home talking crap on your computer and he is running in nascar?

February 1, 2013 at 5:50 pm
(12) Jim Knowles says:

I guess Danicas’ husband got tired of their sex life. I heard she would only give him a green,white checkered in bed.

February 1, 2013 at 5:50 pm
(13) Jim Knowles says:

February 1, 2013 at 8:26 pm
(14) Henry425 says:

Jr’s worth 300 mil maybe he can sponsor his self…

February 4, 2013 at 1:21 pm
(15) paula says:

Give me a break. Like junior won’t race all season……Cannot wait for racing to start. Do Junior!